We've heard from users who get a message that looks like this:
"The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
This generally happens on computers that have a corrupted version of Microsoft Windows VC++ 2015 installed. In order to fix it, please follow the instructions below
- Install Windows Updates:
- Go to Start - Control Panel - Windows Update
- Check for updates
- Install all available updates
- After the updates are installed, restart your computer
- After the restart repeat the steps above again until no more updates are available.
- Download the Visual C++ Redistributable: http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/5/6/456cf79a-4046-4232-8e6f-7cf3d8075d9a/vc_redist.x86.exe
- Run vc_redist.x86.exe and select Uninstall
- Run vc_redist.x86.exe and select Install