Start a new topic

Recording sessions won't appear on plays.tv client but save in folder

Hi, over the past week or so I haven't been able to use my plays.tv. My game sessions randomly stopped saving to my plays.tv client ("You don't have any session recordings yet.") but are still saving in my "Plays.tv" folder under my videos which you can see in the attached pictures. Has anyone had this issue before that can help me? 

png
(98.8 KB)
jpg
(546 KB)

2 people have this problem

We've had reports of this issue before, but have not found an exact cause.

• Do you know if it only happens with one game?
  • Have you tried changing the save location to see if it makes a difference?
  • Does it only happen for Auto-Recordings, or does it happen for Manual Recordings and Highlights as well?

i have the same problem, who can i fix it??

@Gamaniac - The solution typically has to do with changes done on a user's PC; just a matter of finding out what is causing it. 

Have you been able to review the questions I posted 2 months ago on this topic?

Additionally, are you able to play the videos (in Windows) once they are recorded?

I have the same problem :/ 

Any solution ?

@JeviAlexis - It depends user to user, there isn't a defined 100% solution unfortunately. Typically we need to look at logs and see why it is not appearing. If you're able to answer the questions I mentioned above, that would be helpful to figure a few things out. Ultimately, you could create a ticket with logs though (Right-click Plays.tv Taskbar Icon > Help > Feedback; make sure the checkbox is enabled). Reply back here once you have sent it.

@Verun I just sent the ticket with the logs (:

@JeviAlexis - Thanks, I just replied!

wait so, has anyone found a solution to this yet because im having this problem

but when i try to view the videos in my saved folder it says the video is unsupported

There has not been a definite solution for this yet. We always recommend that users:

• Reinstall/Update their video drivers.
  • Reinstall the Plays.tv client
  • Elevate the client as Administrator
If that does not work, then create a ticket with logs so we can investigate further.

To send logs you just right-click on the Plays.tv taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it. 

I think it's because I changed the folder from C:\ to D:\..

my D:\ has way more memory because my C:\ is a SSD

You should be able to record on a different drive than your boot drive.

It's because you have changed your folder to where the saved videos are sent to, if you change the folder back to what it was it will bring back all the sessions you lost.

Login to post a comment