Start a new topic

Videos Files Are Lagging

Hello!

When I play CS:GO it works fine and the fps is stable. Well after the game the video look horrible and is jumping around and stucks and so on. I have tried every setting and the lag remains. When I check the "Details" of the video file it says 3 fps and sometime 10 fps. It is crazy, what is going on?

Memory: 8GB (2x4GB)

CPU: AMD phenom ii x4 965 3.4 ghz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series

Video example: http://plays.tv/video/56df7118b41d513149

Regards

Marcus

- Zeightar

Sounds like you're running into Software Encoding. Software Encoding is caused when your CPU is utilized for recording, instead of your GPU/video card. This can happen usually when your GPU is incapable of recording. Because Software Encoding is using the CPU, we decided to record in a lower priority than the game itself. That way, while recording, we don't cause any lag or performance drops in the game itself. However as a result, we do take a hit when it comes to the CPU performance and as a result can leave the final recording in a much lower frame-rate than intended. 

Unfortunately, the only method to resolve this issue would be to upgrade your GPU to something that can utilize Hardware Encoding, or to lower the game's graphical settings to where it will not place as much impact on the CPU.

You can learn more by reading our Article about it: LINK

i have same problem some kind of lag-jumps what can i do?

cpu:AMD FX 8350 4.0 GHz
motherbord:Msı 970A-G46
gpu:Msı R9 390 8GB 512 bit

8 gb kingston ram

seagate 1 tb hdd

@Semih-isk - Have you made a ticket about this? I would recommend it if you have not. 

It could be having trouble encoding, or missing some potential files to encode in VCE properly. 

To send in a ticket with logs, right-click the Plays.tv taskbar icon and select Help > Feedback. Fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is enabled. Then post back here and let me know once you've sent it so I can go searching for it.

I have an FX 8350 with an R9 290X and I have the settings at 1080p @ 60fps with a write speed of 50 mbps. The output file is kind of laggy and it's recording at 40 fps which when I put that in Hitfilm 4 Express the video and audio are off. I have to use movie maker. The video looks decent but 40fps??

@gravesmeister - Which game are you recording? Keep in mind that we record with Variable Framerate, which would also explain the audio/video desync in some video editors.

The Witcher 3. I'm just going to switch to OBS. 

@gravesmeister - You do what you feel necessary to get the issue handled. But there are also a lot of other determining factors like average FPS in the game, Video Settings for the game, etc. 

If you need more assistance, let me know!

1 person likes this

Ok will do!

Login to post a comment