Start a new topic

No audio in certain games. Please help!

Submitting a ticket and waiting two weeks didn't get me anywhere.

Hoping the forums can help me.

I have tested the following games using the Plays.tv recorder.

These are the results for audio recording.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - not working

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - not working

Insurgency - not working

Killing Floor 2 - working

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - working

Pillars of Eternity - not working

World of Warcraft - working

Of these games, only three record audio. These games have no issues in the Plays.tv video editor. I click play in the editor and the slider begins moving without a hitch and the program remains responsive. Looking at the picture for the MGS5 video file properties, you can see audio was recorded.

The remaining four games do not record audio. You wouldn't think anything is wrong when you're playing a game. Not smooth at all in the editor. When I click play, the slider doesn't even start moving for 10 seconds, though the video will play throughout. Trying to move the slider to a specific point in the video causes lag. When these videos are playing, or even selected, the whole program becomes sluggish and unresponsive. Trying to delete these failed recordings causes lag. Looking at the picture for the ESO video file properties, you can see no audio was recorded.

If anyone feels up to helping me figure out this insanity, ask what you must.

I will provide as much additional information as I am able.

Thank you.

png
(20.1 KB)
png

Which headset/speakers are you using?

While we have found some issues with some headsets and recording audio, they aren't usually coinciding with laggy video replays. If you open the videos in Windows, do you get the same lag & no audio (I don't expect the audio).

I'll request logs in the ticket you made. 

1 person likes this
Just now, recorded 27 seconds of Insurgency, the video does not start normally outside of the plays.tv client. I'm using Media Player Classic, and the video just sits at the start in a black screen. I had to skip past half the video to get it to play anything. No audio.

I tested another one just to be sure. Same results from ESO. 31 second clip that when played with MPC sits at the start with a black screen without the slider ever moving until I specifically put it past the halfway point.

Going to send in that log through the ticket.

@joshpl - Thanks for that. I have gone ahead and replied to your ticket :-)

Hello. I´m new in playstv and i´d like to record my plays at Squad game, but the áudio didn´t get recorded at all. i´v already changed the áudio tipe to 7.1, 5.1, stereo, reduced and maximized the áudio quality, and nothing Works. i´m using a simple studio headphone and a mic, both p2 connections. please, healp me to solve this problem!

@PunkOfPersia - Which headset are you using, and what game are you recording in?

Login to post a comment