Start a new topic recordings showing up black

Alright everyone, this is a followup topic for the issues I had in this post: support Topic.

Well @Verun (My favorite support tech <3), the issues are back.

Black screens on some of my recordings with only some audio.

1 person has this problem

Thanks for letting me know! :-)

Is this in all games or just a few?

@Verun, for the moment, it is all. Over the weekend I will do some testing and see if it happens to have anything to do with borderless (I think it does).

How do i fix this

same problem when i play league of legends

@Deathx33 - Did this only start happening recently?

Typically Black Screen is caused by:

• Notebooks/Laptops with dual-GPUs
  • APU machines (either laptop or desktop)
  • Rare Cases; SLI machines
Most solutions for these involve reinstalling your video drivers (maybe even clean out old ones) and if you're on a laptop see if placing it in a High Performance mode for the game/client in your Video Settings (Radeon or Nvidia Settings)
If you're running SLI, disable it temporarily to determine that's the root cause. If it is, let us know and we'd like to document it.

@verun, I am actively having this issue, I have been doing some looking, and it seems to be recording when I spectate another player, but not when I play myself. (The spectator mode is in a separate client I think.) I am also having issues with Diablo 3, but It did seem to work once or twice. I recently added a third monitor to my setup, and that might have had something to do with the issues. I went ahead and Updated my Nvidia GPU drivers to 364.72 (When I installed this driver, I got a blue screen. Rest In large Pepperonis). I think it may have something to do with the new drivers. I'm not sure when I installed the newest driver, but I do specifically remember that I when I updated client, it fixed all issues. (Note, I installed New GPU drivers a little while after updates. 60% sure that it's a gpu driver issue)

@verun i don't play games in Notebook i play it in a desktop, and my video drivers are updated and the problem still continue

(79.1 KB)

Would you be able to send me your logs? We're looking deeper into the black screen issue, especially for those that are getting it on desktop machines.

To send logs you just right-click on the taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it. 

@verun, not that it matters, but I sent my logs for you.

thanks @verun, i've sent the info 

Login to post a comment