Start a new topic

Saving highlights keeps breaking in Overwatch

Saving last 30/whatever seconds keeps breaking randomly. It hasn't worked a few weeks ago, then started working past few days and today it doesn't work again. Normal recording works but saving buffered highlights doesn't.

I haven't changed anything in my system.

@mcnippleson - I'd recommend creating a ticket after recreating the issue since this will require some in-depth look as to what is causing the problem. Does it crash the game at all? Does Automatic Recording have any issues?

To send logs you just right-click on the taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it

Just wanted to do it but tried it once more and it's working currently. Do I send feedback next time it doesn't work or now?

Also could the problem/bug be the fact that I had 9.8 Gb free space on my drive? Once I cleared it up to 23 gb it's recording again. Should not behave like this though considering 30 seconds highlights take 100 mb at max.

@mcnippleson - Depending on the size of the drive we try to make sure we don't get too close to the wire and may stop recording if it gets too full. The 30 second Highlight in a sense uses space like the Automatic Recording, but only permanently saves what you want, the rest is dumped. However, it's still using that space when playing.

That very well could have been the issue. But let me know if it happens again and send in logs.

Got this again, sent feedback.

@mcnippleson - Replied to it! Thanks for sending that.

Login to post a comment