Start a new topic

Rocket League auto detecting when games end?

Hello, this isn't a complaint or anything. I am actually pleasantly surprised, as I didn't see anything in the patch notes about this.

When a game of Rocket League ends, it seems to stop the recording. It appears to record training mode and the entirety of each match.

Was this intentional? If so, awesome! If not, I'm not sure why it is doing it. 

I might have missed it somewhere in the patch notes, but I CTRL+F and Googled but didn't find anything. 

That is not a current feature for Rocket League, but I am interested to see how/why it's happening actually. Are the times of the matches fairly the same, or does it alter?

Also, are you currently on Windows 7?

The matches are different lengths, but it appears to happen when I start the training mode. Also, when I actually quit the game for good it closes as normal.

No, I am on Windows 8.1 x64. 

Interesting. If you'd like, next time it happens and you play several matches, can you send your logs in a ticket? It'll help me discover what is going on.

To send logs you just right-click on the Plays.tv taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it. 

Hello, I sent the logs. While I wrote more details in the feedback box itself, it appears to end the recording session (and then start a new one) when I enter one of the training modes in Rocket League. It doesn't go by when I finish my games (I thought so at first because usually I go into training mode while I am waiting in queue). I tested that by entering training mode, leaving it, and entering training mode again. Each time I entered, it would say "session recorded" and then start up the new one.

I can confirm that this is happening.  Not only does it separate each game, but it creates entirely new main menu folders for them instead of putting them into the same one. (It used to put videos from the same session into the same 'folder', now it does not.)

I have mixed feelings about this.  On the one hand it is great for making single-game videos, but on the other hand you can't upload 1 big video of an evening of playing. 

I would like to see a break-point within the video so I know where the games separate, but still be able to pull clips from multiple games.
Login to post a comment