Start a new topic

Confused Newbie needs help with recording.

I just downloaded Plays.Tv client and i'm very confused. I set the program to manual record, and i am playing a browser-based game titled Dead Frontier. I am trying to record and absolutely nothing is happening whatsoever, so i have a few questions:

1. Can PLAYS.TV record my browser based game?

2. Do i have to "Add the game" somewhere? In the FAQ here, it is talking about options on a RAPTR client - it looks nothing like the PLAYS.TV client i downloaded, and the options listed in the instructions appear nowhere that i can see. so i am confused, do i have to download something else as well? where is this RAPTR client?

3. How can i tell if PLAYS.TV is recording or not? will there be a pop up telling me as much?

I am extremely confused by the fact the program is doing absolutely nothing. Please help, i'm a newb and don't know what i'm doing!

1 Comment

Hi there gootvansquid!

I apologize for the delay in replying to your forum post. I'll do my best to answer your questions!

1. It cannot. 

2. Raptr and Plays.tv are 2 separate clients that are made by the same company. Raptr was created first, and then Plays.tv came later. Currently, Raptr can track gametime played, take screenshots, stream to Twitch, optimize for some games and some other offers/rewards. Plays.tv covers recording gameplay in various ways and uploading to the Plays.tv website. If you're only interested in recording, then you can simply use the Plays.tv client.

3. If you're using the Automatic Recording function of Plays.tv, it should bring up a pop-up as the game is starting to alert you it is recording. If you are set to record manually, then you would hit the hot-key and a small pop-up would appear to indicate how long you have been recording for. Saving a Highlight would also have a quick pop-up.

If your client is not recording, we recommend that you create a ticket with logs attached for us to further investigate.

To send logs you just right-click on the Plays.tv taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns though!

Login to post a comment