Start a new topic

client crashing at clip creation

when i go to watch a video i record, or someone else recorded and shared the client immediately crashes. 

when i go to create clips the client stalls then crashes making the process a 10 step process of:

1.) press create clip crash

2.) restart

3.) move the beginning of the highlighted movie reel where you want it crash

4,) restart

5.) move the end of the reel where you want it crash

6.) restart

7.) press save to plays.tv - sometimes finishes fine others crash

which case i do the following:

8.) restart 

9.) press plays.tv -may or may not successfully upload..crash

10.) restart 

11.) repeats steps 1-7... 8-10 if necessary

the client records without issues.

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling three different times. do so has had no effect on this issue.

i like everything else about plays tv. and would like to continue using it. but at the rate this is going all i can do is record videos

I believe this has to do with a current issue involving lower Intel chipsets utilizing Windows 10 since they do not contain the HD drivers necessary to run the client successfully. 

Can you confirm with me the Windows version, CPU and Video card you are currently using?

Additionally, if you're unsure, you can also recreate the problem and then send in your logs.

To send logs you just right-click on the Plays.tv taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it. 

windows 10 build 14393

intel core 2 duo @2.20 ghz (processor # 1) @2.20 ghz (processor # 2)

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) - - - (laptop model won't update drivers past the chipset past this series, because this chipset is embedded into the motherboard.)

Unfortunately, it seems that CPU does have the issue I mentioned previously. We're still looking into the issue to see if we can find a method to get it working as intended. However since it's so tied to Intel, Windows and the drivers, it would require a lot of on our end so unsure when there would be a fix for it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am having the same issue, but I have an I7 4790k

We're investigating an issue that might be affecting more than just the older Intel chipsets. Can you recreate the crash and then send in your logs?

To send logs you just right-click on the Plays.tv taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it. 

Sorry for the late response, I just sent it in now. 

Login to post a comment