Start a new topic

Video and sound out of sync

I have a 2 hour session of BF1 recording. The first few clips of the video are in sync but after a while the sound is very off. Early in recording: By the end:

4 people have this problem

For me it only occurs in Overwatch. It works fine in long gaming sessions of Garry's Mod or something along those lines. I never used to suffer from this issue until recently.

Do you know if the Desync happens only after upload, or if it's happening in the raw video as well?

Hello Verun.
I would like to add to this topic with the same issue of sync.
Mainly playing Arma 3 and it seems to have become an issue when Plays changed its layout. I don't remember older captures being like this, though I was using the manual type of capture in the past, where as now I have it recoarding the whole session.

Example video from last night, the 1st clip almost looks fine, but it seems to get worse and looks like the video is suffering from frame lost near the end:

Looking at the video locally, there are some sync issues, the sound plays before the video in some bookmark clips, but it seems even worse once uploaded.
The 2nd from last clip looks way off online, but local it looks in sync

Also finding that some of the bookmarks do not hold their position when looking at the local video again, they seem to move forward.

My system spec is:
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional Edition build 10586 (64-bit)
CPU Type: Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz (Overclocked to 4.1Ghz)
Number of CPUs: 1
Cores per CPU: 4
Hyperthreading: Enabled
Motherboard: P55-UD6
Memory: 16GB Crucial Technology DDR3 SDRAM
Videocard: AMD Radeon HD 7950 / R9 280
Hard Drive: OCZ-AGILITY3 (240GB)
Hard Drive: WDC WD5000BEVT-35ZAT0 (500GB)
Hard Drive: SAMSUNG HD502IJ (500GB)
Hard Drive: WDC WD7500BPKT-00PK4T0 (750GB)

Plays has been setup on 1080p 30fps or 60fps and 20Mb/s
80gb recording space set
Temp storage is to C (SSD) and the main video directory to the 750GB drive (7200rpm)

I will try recording in 720p to see if it is any better.

@philj76 - Thanks for all the info. I'd recommend making a ticket on it so I can delve deeper, and in addition sending in logs with it. I've personally been investigating more Audio issues so I'd like to get more details from you if possible, and the results from recording in 720p.

To send logs you just right-click on the taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it. 

@Verun - Hello, I have just sent the logs and same message as above, to your feedback.
I'll try to send another tonight after recording in 720p

@Verun It happens on the raw file as well.

@Verun I recorded about 5 hours last night in 720p 30fps 20Mb/s, with multiple bookmarks. Looked at some of them and they seem out of sync locally.

Desync occurs in the raw video file

Awesome, thanks for checking all of that. 

Here is what I would like to be able to look into this more:

• Let me know if this is happening in all games, or just certain ones.
  • Tell me what headset/mic you're using.
  • Recreate the issue with a new video and then send in your logs. 

To send logs you just right-click on the taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it. 

It happens in Overwatch as well, and I believe others

Using a HyperX Cloud

Here is a video where the desync occurs mid-video at about 4 seconds.

I have submitted the requested logs at 9:45am PST

I think it may have to do with the PlaysTV Clip editor. When I look at the full raw video the sounds is fine but when viewing in the editor it becomes out of sync. All saved clips are also out of sync, both raw and in editor.

Thank you for the update! That definitely helps in narrowing down what could be the problem. I had replied back on the day you sent it in but didn't get a response yet. 

Does the audio desync get progressively worse over time, or does it stay consistently off a certain amount?

Sorry, I had been meaning to determine that. As of now it seems once it is out of sync it stays constant.

I will verify when I get home today.

Login to post a comment