Start a new topic

Does anyone else experience highlight notification delays?

I noticed that in the latest updates with the UI changes there is delays for the highlight saved notification to show when playing, about a delay of around 10 seconds. It used to be instantaneous, so it was useful for telling if the client was working or not. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

I've noticed some odd stuff around the notification as well, but typically when first entering the game.

Although I didn't get a delay like you mentioned.

Do you mean the " is now recording" notification or the notification when you save a highlight or bookmark?

I have only tried when I save a highlight so when you use the shortcut to save the last minute or two the notification that shows is delayed. I also notice that when trying to create and save a clip the box that pops up to name the new clip is delayed for me too, it takes quite a while to show up.

Hmm very weird. Do you notice this in all games, or just certain ones?

How long do you have the Highlight Save Length set for?

I may try to recreate it and see if I get the same results.

It looks like it might only with Battlefield 1 as I tested with CS:GO and it seemed fine in the main menu, My highlight save length is currently 1:30. When trying to save to it take a little over 20 seconds for the naming box to show.

I'll have us go test it in Battlefield 1 and see if we can recreate any shenanigans with it delaying.

Okay cool, I just tested and it only does it when you are actually playing a match. In the menu there is no delay but if you actually start playing in Battlefield 1, For Honor or CS:GO there is a delay with the notification of about 10 seconds.

Very weird. I had us test Battlefield 1 and we didn't see any delay. It might be based on specific hardware though. If you want us to investigate a bit more, you can recreate the problem with a new video and then send in your logs.

To send logs you just right-click on the taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it. 

Sent logs under #53022

In event viewer I notice a few errors with plays_encoder_server-120603.exe and atiumdva.dll

Login to post a comment