Start a new topic recording laggy/choppy ONLY for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Hi all, so I've looked online numerous times to try and find fixes for this but haven't found anything that works yet. So the problem I'm encountering is this: All games record perfectly at 1080p, 60fps, except rainbow six. It should be noted also, that rainbow six used to record perfectly, even before I upgraded my PC.

At some point, I can't remember exactly when, I started having problems with recordings for rainbow six. When I go back to watch the  clips the recordings are so laggy/choppy to the point where they are completely unwatchable, and the client will usually freeze or blackscreen just from trying to play the clips. On the extremely rare cases where it does record the video fine, the audio is usually so far out of sync it ruins the context of the video. It's probably around 8 or more seconds out of sync with the video. I have a decent PC so I doubt it has anything to do with lack of PC performance, but I'll list my PC specs anyway, just in case: 

Intel i5 6600K cpu
AsRock z170 mobo
16GB Corsair Dominator platinum DDR4 RAM

I've checked the voltages, temps etc, and there are no problems there. So I'm thinking what it comes down to is either a software encoding issue, or perhaps even some strange interaction with the specific components or rainbow six, though I strongly believe it is the former. 

I will provide two videos as references, one where it is almost entirely just the audio that's the issue, and another where it is just chaos.

Example 1 (audio): 

Example 2 (chaos): 

Anyway, any help on this would be nice. Cheers!

1 person has this problem

I'd be really interested in seeing logs regarding this problem. Rainbox Six has sometimes been problematic but we've usually found the reason behind it. 

To send logs you just right-click on the taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it. 

Hey there, thanks for the reply! Sorry for the delayed response but I kinda lost my post and had trouble finding it again... >.> 

Anyway, I've sent the logs in, I hope I've done it correctly, so I'm just letting you know now. Cheers! 

Just a quick update, it seems as though now my playstv doesn't even record rainbow six siege at all. All other games record perfectly, just for siege it never begins the recording anymore. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no progress :/ 

Did you get to see the response I made in the ticket you sent in?

"1. There are several programs running that might interfere with the performance + R6 Siege.

• Flux.exe
  • GameBarPresenceWriter.exe (Microsoft Game DVR; this is a big red flag)
  • Discord (Only if the in-game overlay is enabled)

2. There are known issues with the 378.49 drivers for Nvidia. You may want to try reverting back to 376.33 and see if it helps."

Yep! I've just seen it now as I've been a little busy lately, I am trying the possible fixes you mentioned now, and will be getting back to you shortly to let you know what works, if anything does. (I have faith it will be resolved) Fingers crossed!

Okay so after trying every single possible fix, it was all to no avail. I originally had a well written list of the actions I took and the effect of each but during the driver update all of my pages needed to be refreshed and I lost all of my writing, I should have thought of that.

So, to the results. Upon disabling the Microsoft game DVR, now begins recordings of siege once again, however, even after performing all other tasks, one at a time, the recordings are still laggy and choppy. So reverting the driver had no effect, but afterwards I tried an update since a new driver was available and the start of the recording seemed a little better, but after not long (few seconds) it ended up the same, laggy and choppy videos only for siege. 
Would you like me to send the log files once again?

Sorry for not replying sooner. 

Yeah, can you send new logs again since we're on 1.19 now?

All good, I've sent the logs once again, the issues are still present, only in gameplay, for some reason the recording is fine while in menus but once we load into the game, the recording just gets chaotic. Thanks 

This probably started only little time before recording of R6S stopped working altogether.

I didnt have ANY issue earlier, as you can see on my earlier recording (before it stopped recording) with HD recordings on Rainbow Six Siege.

I think anyone should be able to reproduce this now, if it's so laggy on my Intel i7 5820K @ 3.4 GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070 and all SSDs.

@XModem - We haven't been able to reproduce laggy results in-house on various machines. 

The problem is real - and not only for me.

Anyway, I did what you told me and submitted my feedback.

It didn't seem to go through. Can you try following the steps again? 

If that doesn't work, can you try making a ticket manually through this method, and then I'll provide instructions for manually uploading log files:

I am also having this problem, the visual recording is choppy and laggy throughout the games, while the audio remains fine. In addition the recording is fine whenever i am in menu screens. While my PC is definitely not the best (about 3/4 years old) the others experiencing this have better computers, so i do not believe it is my computers fault.

I sent a ticket manually, attaching only the .framelets file of the recording, as the actual video was too large.

I also created a clip demonstrating the problem, starting at 6:34 in my play session:
At one point you can clearly hear me firing, but no visual change takes place.

I dont know if you can do anything with this, but i hope it helps in some way.

Login to post a comment