Start a new topic

Anyone having issues with the new Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Short version - Last night, Windows 10 version 1703 everything fine.  Today, updated to Windows 10 version 1709 and now the overlay wont work.

Last night, everything was working fine.  Today, I installed the newest Windows Update (the 2017 Fall Creators Update) and now the Plays.tv desktop application will no longer show the In-Game Overlay.  I have uninstalled and re-installed but the Overlay will not show up.  Also, all of my games (Star Wars Old Republic, Star Trek Online, Elite Dangerous) now show as "unknown game" on my Game sessions list.

Anyone else having issues since the Windows 10 Fall update?

@MedicGaming73 - I have replied back to your ticket. Seems like the problem might be Windows Game DVR turned itself on and is causing a conflict.

MedicGaming73,

After the last patch attempt to fix the issue failed, I gave up and reinstalled Windows 10 ver 1703 from scratch.  I still have version 1709 running on two other computers at home and my work laptop to test out with SWTOR.  So far that I can gather, it is still an issue with any game using Direct X9 (which SWTOR only supports).  My games running Direct X11 (STO, Elite Dangerous, Conan Exiles) are all fine.

Once they give you an ticket ID, they will probably want you to do a feedback dump.

I'm having an issue as well. Sent a support ticket

1 person likes this

I just sent a reply back in the ticket. But I could use the LTC files since it doesn't appear to be a detection issue. 

i.e. It's seeing you play the game, knows what game it is, but I don't see any video files being generated.

Thank you.  If you need any other information, I will be happy to assist.

Cool, I just found it so I'll take a look and see if I can find something!

1 person likes this

No, but I just created a ticket.  

Windows Updates usually can create all sorts of mayhem. Have you created a support ticket with logs attached regarding this already?

How to Send Client Logs

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment