Start a new topic

Video title lengths and editing them.

I uploaded a video with a long title and when I viewed it on the website the only visible part of the title was what was showing beneath the width of the video area. The remaining text didn't wrap around underneath itself so it looked unfinished. The length of the title also meant the edit button wasn't visible (it would be good to have one in the list of video options). I had to redo the video and upload again with a shorter title, edit the title then I had to put my hashtags in a comment.

While editing the title I noticed the maximum number of characters is around 1000, but that seems pointless if anything too long isn't visible.

Is this a common problem or am I missing something?

It's a known problem, but one that doesn't come up too often. Most users tend to have short titles so it doesn't get mentioned often. However, I believe we know what the issue is and I'm going to see what I can do about getting it changed. I'm just unsure of the process involved.

Thanks Verun, hopefully it will get fixed.

BTW, sorry for the duplicated thread I made, I wasn't aware at the time that new threads had to be reviewed first.

No problem! I find the duplicates and delete them :p

Login to post a comment