Start a new topic
Solved

lost videos (400gb worth)

hello, 

Recently I logged in at my plays.tv account and I found out that most of my saved games were gone I had like 200GB of storage and now I have 10GB also the settings of the account were changed for example my storage space went from 400GB to 10GB and my video settings went from 1080p, 60fps and 15b/s to 720p, 30fps and 5b/s and I do not know the reason for this. I would appreciate if you could help me.

best regards, your's user.

( i have sent it as a ticket I do not know if I did something but I got no response for about a month and I still got no answer.)

It sounds like the config file for Play's settings either became corrupted or it somehow got deleted. As a result, the settings were set back to default. Looking at the settings you mentioned that it changed to seems to show proof of that. Any videos that are deleted because of the Auto-Manage Space feature should go to your Recycle Bin.

I checked the Recycle Bin and there was nothing there

It's possible because the size of videos was so much, that Windows may have deleted them automatically. The default for Windows Recycle Bin is 5% of the total drive space, anything after that is deleted automatically without going into the recycle bin. So even if you were to have a 500GB drive it was recording onto, Recycle Bin would only be able to keep 25GB. Although Windows may treat bulk deletes of multiple videos differently than say, deleting them one by one. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything that we can do to recover the videos. 

Login to post a comment