Start a new topic
Solved

[Feature Request] Record/Ignore Specific Games

I love to have plays.tv client open all the time. That way when I open up Counter Strike I don't have to remember to launch a separate program, I like how plays.tv records it automatically. 

Howver I would love a feature that lets me choose which games I want it to record. I really only like to use it for some games like Counter Strike. I find myself playing hours on end of a game, only to exit the game and then "delete session" because plays.tv was recording the whole time. It would be nice if it only recorded when I had specific games open, but still did so automagically.

Thanks for your consideration.

8 people have this problem

Go into your Preferences under Advanced, and scroll to the bottom.

Find Maplestory's exe in the 'Detected Games' list and then click the Blacklist button.

Verun, this thread was created a year ago and you said it was posted on the feature request list. I still cannot find this feature so what's the hold up? And is there a workaround does ranming processes work? I do not like my Maplestory.exe being recorded when I AFK there and play League of Legends in the meantime. Maplestory.exe is an actual game tho and therefore should not globally be blacklistsed.

Thanks, I've added it to our list! Should be black listed with a reset of the client.

Fusion 360 CAD software has changed it's name a little, it now also shows up as Fusion360.exe and triggering PlaysTV. If you could blacklist that as well, Verun, it'd be much appreciated.

YES, PLEASE ADD THIS FUNCTIONALITY! So annoying that I have to exit plays.tv when I want to play WoW and then I forget to re-open it before playing League... 

I appreciate the feedback! We're gathering it more often and definitely keeping count of how many requests there are for certain features. I'd personally recommend making a ticket labeled as a Feature Request since tickets are a bit easier to filter and count.

not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but I've been looking for a blacklist option for this program and was disappointed to not find one, as I generally have 1-3 games running at any given time, and sometimes play 1 while waiting for something on another, but plays.tv will only record the 1st game which was opened. Is there any way to force plays.tv to switch to recording a different game that opened after whatever it is currently recording? I really like the program, but this limitation is making me look closer at other options.

Thanks in advance!

Need this feature too.. should be a simple GUI to select which games to record or not.

No problem. 

Let me know if anything else comes up.

Thanks, Verun. I may have been mistaken about Sketchup as it doesn't seem to be recording.

@APitou - Thanks for letting me know. I went ahead and blacklisted them. Although we've had Sketchup.exe black-listed for a while. Can you confirm whether it's still recording it?

Hi, Verun. Plays is still recording Cura (Cura.exe), in addition, it is also recording CAD software SketchUp (SketchUp.exe), STL 3D file editor Meshmixer (meshmixer.exe) and CAD software Fusion 360 (FusionLauncher.exe). If you could blacklist those, that'd be great.

For that type of issue I'd recommend creating a ticket with logs attached after trying to record in the game. We may be able to determine what the issue is since this doesn't appear to be a wide-spread problem from the best of our knowledge.

To send logs you just right-click on the Plays.tv taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it. 

Why it isnt

@Mihle - I'm confused. Do you want me to figure out why it's not recording Duelyst....or block Duelyst from being recorded?

Login to post a comment