- The Plays app is now out of Beta and is version 2.0.0! Even though it's out of Beta now, don't worry, we have plenty of enhancements and features coming in the future!
- Several backend improvements have been made to improve overall performance and pave the way for future features. Keep an eye out for these features coming soon!
- The size of the HUD is now optimized and fixed to a specific size despite the size of your window.
- You should no longer see "Videos of <your username>" when viewing your own profile. It should now correctly say "Videos of you".
Beta Update 0.3.8 (August 30, 2018)
The new Plays app is coming out of beta and will be rolled out to all users in late September. Click here to read more about what to expect.
- World of Warcraft's DX12 mode has been re-enabled for recording
- Fixed an issue with pixelated videos. Users who were affected and running GXT750 and GXT750TI should now see an improvement.
Beta Update 0.3.7 (August 13, 2018)
Hot Patch & Known Issue
- In Plays beta version 0.3.6, World of Warcraft Dx12 game sessions were crashing. In this 0.3.7 update, recording support has been removed for the Dx12 version of World of Warcraft. If you still wish to record Battle for Azeroth with the Plays beta, we recommend changing World of Warcraft to run in Dx11 mode. We are heavily investigating this issue.
- Note: This issue does not affect the Plays.tv legacy client
Beta Update 0.3.6 (August 9, 2018)
This release has been dedicated to making improvements on your recording experience. Thanks to those of you who contributed logs and feedback to help us resolve these issues.
- HUD: Continued to improve the new HUD to reduce game performance impact.
- Recording: Added recording optimizations to better support DirectX12 games.
- Video Uploading: We have fine-tuned the process to reduce failures.
- Fixed an issue where the Manage Games blacklisting tool wasn’t working for games that had a parenthesis in the file path.
- Fixed an issue where Alt-tabbing caused a strange flashing in some games.
- Fixed an issue where Nvidia GTX 1060 users reported some In-Game Lag/Stuttering which should now be reduced or eliminated.
Beta Update 0.3.5 (July 24, 2018)
- Blacklist/Whitelist: You now have better control over what games Plays records or not. Go to Settings > Advanced > Manage Options to add an .exe to record, or add to the Never Record list. Click here to learn more.
- We've added the ability to Sign In and Sign up for Plays with your Steam Social Account.
- We have made improvements so our HUD interacts better with more OpenGL games.
- Fixed a bug where green/black/gray screens were displayed in recorded videos, but audio was recorded as expected. This bug affected users whose machines do not meet the requirements for hardware encoding.
- Fixed an encoder initialization bug. Affected users may have seen "Something went wrong" error in the HUD that affected Software Encoding/HW LVL 4 users. Learn more about Plays support for Hardware Levels.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes Win 7 users would have some of their gameplay blocked by a black/white screen. A related issue persists where the HUD may not be available, but recording and gameplay should not be affected. If you believe your HUD is affected, click here to read more about Win 7 Aero Compatibility.
Beta Update 0.3.4 (July 9, 2018)
- Auto Manage Space: You can allocate how much space Plays can use to record videos. If you want to use it, go into Settings > Advanced > Storage to enable it and select your preferences. Click here to learn more.
- Enhanced Overlay: We've overhauled the tech that powers our in-game overlay. With that comes a few new capabilities:
- You can now enable or disable the in-game timer while a game is running. To do this, go into Settings > In-game Overlay and toggle the Display Elapsed Recording Time option.
- Added support for rigs that have Nvidia Optimus. We've added a setting you can enable so that you can now see the in-game overlay features, such as seeing the recording timer (above), Instant Replay, and more. Go to Settings > Advanced > Driver Support and enable the Nvidia Optimus Support setting. This will require you to restart the Plays app before the change takes effect.
- Social Sign-in: You can now Sign In and Sign Up for Plays with the following social accounts:
- We've improved the way the Sessions tab displays your Recording status.
- Fixed an issue with sharing to and connecting your FACEIT account.
Beta Update 0.3.3 (June 12, 2018)
- We have heard that some users have experienced inconsistency in getting recordings to capture, so we have made some improvements with this release and will continue to do so. Please send us logs if you are still having recording issues. If things are working better, we wouldn’t mind hearing that as well!
- We have made some optimizations to improve issues that users have reported with the app including the following:
- Initial time for the app to start
- Long delay when videos load in the app
- Instant Replay lag between trigger replay and display of replay
- Upload seems to timeout
- App appears “frozen”
- These issues were manifesting when users had many League of Legends or CS:GO videos. If you are continuing to have issues, please submit a ticket so we can investigate.
- Fixed an issue where running both MSI Afterburner and Plays would cause a game crash. Having MSI Afterburner running with Plays may currently cause issues with recording. We are investigating a fix.
- Fixed an issue for League Stats drawer, where sometimes the description wouldn’t show up when hovering over a champion.
- Fixed an issue for League Stats where when viewing a match, the “Refresh” button was not updating Game Stats data.
Beta Update 0.3.2 (June 4, 2018)
- We made some improvements for the ongoing support of League Stats, starting with this latest patch.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes Alt-Tabbing could cause a single frozen frame in recordings, with audio continuing behind the frozen frame.
- Fixed an issue when watching League replays, when the video is playing, you couldn't dismiss the League Stats window.
- Fixed minor issues on the League Stats graph, where sometimes the champion selected didn't properly update the color or label on the graph.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Instant Replay to crash for some games.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes after exiting the game, Plays wouldn't restore to the correct size.
Beta Update 0.3.1 (May 17, 2018)
- Introducing League Stats! You can now check out all kinds of important stats including Creep Score, Gold, Damage and more! Plays also has match summaries, the ability to run comparisons, and you can analyze both your and other players’ builds, all alongside your videos. Click to Learn More.
- You can now upload an entire video without first needing to create a clip! Thanks for your feedback, keep it coming.
- You will now get a notification if your upload will take a while, or is too big.
- Fixed an issue that was causing League of Legends to crash when Alt-tabbing.
- Fixed a conflict between the Discord In-game Overlay and Plays.
Beta Update 0.3.0 (May 2, 2018)
- We've made some infrastructure upgrades which is why you are seeing a jump in your version number from 0.2.6 to 0.3.0
- Minor Bug Fixes
Beta Update 0.2.6 (Apr 18, 2018)
- We've added a link to the Release Notes that you can find by navigating to the Settings > Help > About Section.
- We've improved the interactions on the timeline when you want to watch gameplay tied to an annotation that has a time duration associated with it (League of Legends automatic bookmarks and Instant Replay bookmarks).
- Fixed a bug where drive space taken by videos could be inaccurate in the app.
Beta Update 0.2.5 (Apr 10, 2018)
- Fixed an issue that was sometimes causing games to not record
Beta Update 0.2.4 (Apr 3, 2018)
- Minor bug fixes
Beta Update 0.2.3 (Mar 22, 2018)
- Minor bug fixes
Beta Update 0.2.2 (Mar 21, 2018)
We've made some improvements to help you better manage your video recordings!
- You can now click on the ellipses options and find a folder icon which can take you to the file location on your computer.
- You can Sort videos more easily with the new sort options:
- Newest First
- Oldest First
- Largest First
- Smallest First
- Longest First
- Shortest First
- You can filter your videos to see just videos from a specific game.
- You can decide to view your videos either in the original grid view, or the new list view.
- We provide you with an in-app message when you are approaching a limit to the space available on your hard drive that would cause you to not be able to record.
Improved how selecting multiple videos works using Shift+Left-Click on the Recordings tab.
Fixed a bug where the Master Overwatch integration login page was incorrect.
Fixed a bug where Alt-Tabbing for an extended period of time (~5 minutes) was causing recording to stop.
Beta Update 0.2.1 (Mar 6, 2018)
You can now watch what just happened while in game with Instant Replay! Also added in support for Windows 8.1 users.
Now you can share your clips directly to FACEIT from the beta.
Saved clips now include any bookmarks and data that the recording included
Plays now supports automatic recording and detection of thousands of games
You can now start the app in a minimized state
Improved the post game behavior-now when a new video is available, the task bar will indicate by blinking orange, but will not steal focus from your game or other apps
Made the timeline zoom feature and playback of automatic bookmarks more intuitive. Thanks for the feedback.
Fixed a bug where alt-tabbing in League of Legends caused crashing. Please be aware that Discord’s overlay may impact gameplay. See Riot’s advice on handling the issue here.
Fixed some bugs where in Overwatch, if Plays was running, sometimes mouse controls and sensitivity could be affected.
Beta Update 0.2.0 (Feb 19, 2018)
- You can now watch what just happened while in game with Instant Replay!
- Now you can share your clips directly to FACEIT from the beta
- Saved clips now include any bookmarks and data that the recording included
- Plays now supports automatic recording and detection of thousands of games
- You can now start the app in a minimized state
Fixed an issue where when you came out of a game, occasionally the app would appear frozen until you restart the app.
Fixed a bug where automatic bookmarks were not always appearing in the filters section of the timeline.
Fixed a bug where the delete video bar remained after deleting video, getting in your way!
Fixed a bug where after deleting a video, the message bar was not updating properly.
Fixed a bug where unlisted videos were incorrectly showing in the "My Videos" tab of the profile.
Fixed various Alt-Tab bugs.
Made Plays even more lightweight for recording your games.
Various upload enhancements to make uploading faster
Improved the post game behavior - Now when a new video is available, the task bar will indicate by blinking orange, but will not steal focus from your game or other apps.
Made the timeline zoom feature more intuitive. (Thanks for the feedback!)
Worked with Easy Anti-cheat to be whitelisted for their supported games. Please note, there may be a few they are still working on. Thanks for your patience!
Beta Update 0.1.9 (Jan 26, 2018)
This update had identical features to 0.1.8, but was a necessary update due to changes in the Microsoft App Certificate.
Beta Update 0.1.8 (Dec 14, 2017)
- Added in support for automatic bookmarks for League of Legends Custom Games.
- You can now see all your Notifications in the app.
- Added in support for automatic bookmarks on kills in CS:GO!
- Major engineering magic for improving upload speed.
As always, let us know what you think!
Fixed a bug where some users saw crashes for PUBG.
Fixed an issue where sometimes the app would freeze after closing a game.
Minor fixes on the Notes feature in the Replay Viewer to improve usability.
Fixed a bug where sometimes a weird URL would generate when you click 'Get Link' on a video page.
Fixed a bug where there was a weird flash on the login page when reloading in certain states.
If you experience any of these, please send us your logs so we can continue to investigate!
Improved how we handle Alt-Tabbing while in-game, and provided special care for Alt-Tabbing in League of Legends (no more black screen!).
Improvements were made to make chatting on your videos even better.
Improved the consistency of League of Legends automatic bookmarks being generated.
Added more responsive elements to make resizing the app smoother and work better.
Improved the Play Speed icon on our Replay Viewer--- did you know you can watch videos in "slow mo" or up to 4x faster?
Improved how data is retrieved for your League of Legends matches and let you know when you have hit a limit for requesting your data.
Improvements to the Client for smoother Updates.
Beta Update 0.1.7 (Nov 16, 2017)
We heard you! We added a message overlay so we can update you as we progress through the beta!
Added warning for when you are running another version of Plays so you won’t get conflicts.
In-app commenting is now available on your uploaded videos.
Viewing your videos in a browser is now possible by either grabbing the link or using the View video in browser option in the new ellipses menu.
You can also invite your friends to check out your video or send it to them via email.
Fixed an issue where Plays would sometimes appear to freeze when a user exited the game
Fixed an issue where sometimes your metadata wasn’t being uploaded when sharing a League of Legends clip
Fixed issues around League of Legends events displaying on your video timeline
Fixed an issue where in some cases alt-tabbing was causing bugsplats, freezing and crashing.
Fixed several issues that dealt with less than optimal video scanning, missing titles, and “Game Unknown” occurred.
Fixed a typo in Preferences. Thanks for finding it!
Fixed the default state when you have no videos recorded yet.
Improved how we handle background processes to reduce crashes. This will impact your settings. You should make sure you go back and set your preferences as we were not able to preserve them with this update.
Improved DX9 video capture performance for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Unlisted videos now load in your app faster with no prerequisite actions to get them to load
Previously created unlisted videos are now appearing in your folder, not just the new ones!
Added more robust logging and error reporting to help troubleshoot the issues you have been submitting to us!
League of Legends integration improvement to retry to get your match data if the League API isn’t fetching your data.
Improved the logic for what filters are displayed in what order, to help you better find those moments you are looking for.