Beta Update 0.3.0 (May 2, 2018)
- We've made some infrastructure upgrades which is why you are seeing a jump in your version number from 0.2.6 to 0.3.0
- Minor Bug Fixes
Beta Update 0.2.6 (Apr 18, 2018)
- We've added a link to the Release Notes that you can find by navigating to the Settings > Help > About Section.
- We've improved the interactions on the timeline when you want to watch gameplay tied to an annotation that has a time duration associated with it (League of Legends automatic bookmarks and Instant Replay bookmarks).
- Fixed a bug where drive space taken by videos could be inaccurate in the app.
Beta Update 0.2.5 (Apr 10, 2018)
- Fixed an issue that was sometimes causing games to not record
Beta Update 0.2.4 (Apr 3, 2018)
- Minor bug fixes
Beta Update 0.2.3 (Mar 22, 2018)
- Minor bug fixes
Beta Update 0.2.2 (Mar 21, 2018)
We've made some improvements to help you better manage your video recordings!
- You can now click on the ellipses options and find a folder icon which can take you to the file location on your computer.
- You can Sort videos more easily with the new sort options:
- Newest First
- Oldest First
- Largest First
- Smallest First
- Longest First
- Shortest First
- You can filter your videos to see just videos from a specific game.
- You can decide to view your videos either in the original grid view, or the new list view.
- We provide you with an in-app message when you are approaching a limit to the space available on your hard drive that would cause you to not be able to record.
Improved how selecting multiple videos works using Shift+Left-Click on the Recordings tab.
Fixed a bug where the Master Overwatch integration login page was incorrect.
Fixed a bug where Alt-Tabbing for an extended period of time (~5 minutes) was causing recording to stop.
Beta Update 0.2.1 (Mar 6, 2018)
You can now watch what just happened while in game with Instant Replay! Also added in support for Windows 8.1 users.
Now you can share your clips directly to FACEIT from the beta.
Saved clips now include any bookmarks and data that the recording included
Plays now supports automatic recording and detection of thousands of games
You can now start the app in a minimized state
Improved the post game behavior-now when a new video is available, the task bar will indicate by blinking orange, but will not steal focus from your game or other apps
Made the timeline zoom feature and playback of automatic bookmarks more intuitive. Thanks for the feedback.
Fixed a bug where alt-tabbing in League of Legends caused crashing. Please be aware that Discord’s overlay may impact gameplay. See Riot’s advice on handling the issue here.
Fixed some bugs where in Overwatch, if Plays was running, sometimes mouse controls and sensitivity could be affected.
Beta Update 0.2.0 (Feb 19, 2018)
- You can now watch what just happened while in game with Instant Replay!
- Now you can share your clips directly to FACEIT from the beta
- Saved clips now include any bookmarks and data that the recording included
- Plays now supports automatic recording and detection of thousands of games
- You can now start the app in a minimized state
Fixed an issue where when you came out of a game, occasionally the app would appear frozen until you restart the app.
Fixed a bug where automatic bookmarks were not always appearing in the filters section of the timeline.
Fixed a bug where the delete video bar remained after deleting video, getting in your way!
Fixed a bug where after deleting a video, the message bar was not updating properly.
Fixed a bug where unlisted videos were incorrectly showing in the "My Videos" tab of the profile.
Fixed various Alt-Tab bugs.
Made Plays even more lightweight for recording your games.
Various upload enhancements to make uploading faster
Improved the post game behavior - Now when a new video is available, the task bar will indicate by blinking orange, but will not steal focus from your game or other apps.
Made the timeline zoom feature more intuitive. (Thanks for the feedback!)
Worked with Easy Anti-cheat to be whitelisted for their supported games. Please note, there may be a few they are still working on. Thanks for your patience!
Beta Update 0.1.9 (Jan 26, 2018)
This update had identical features to 0.1.8, but was a necessary update due to changes in the Microsoft App Certificate.
Beta Update 0.1.8 (Dec 14, 2017)
- Added in support for automatic bookmarks for League of Legends Custom Games.
- You can now see all your Notifications in the app.
- Added in support for automatic bookmarks on kills in CS:GO!
- Major engineering magic for improving upload speed.
As always, let us know what you think!
Fixed a bug where some users saw crashes for PUBG.
Fixed an issue where sometimes the app would freeze after closing a game.
Minor fixes on the Notes feature in the Replay Viewer to improve usability.
Fixed a bug where sometimes a weird URL would generate when you click 'Get Link' on a video page.
Fixed a bug where there was a weird flash on the login page when reloading in certain states.
If you experience any of these, please send us your logs so we can continue to investigate!
Improved how we handle Alt-Tabbing while in-game, and provided special care for Alt-Tabbing in League of Legends (no more black screen!).
Improvements were made to make chatting on your videos even better.
Improved the consistency of League of Legends automatic bookmarks being generated.
Added more responsive elements to make resizing the app smoother and work better.
Improved the Play Speed icon on our Replay Viewer--- did you know you can watch videos in "slow mo" or up to 4x faster?
Improved how data is retrieved for your League of Legends matches and let you know when you have hit a limit for requesting your data.
Improvements to the Client for smoother Updates.
Beta Update 0.1.7 (Nov 16, 2017)
We heard you! We added a message overlay so we can update you as we progress through the beta!
Added warning for when you are running another version of Plays so you won’t get conflicts.
In-app commenting is now available on your uploaded videos.
Viewing your videos in a browser is now possible by either grabbing the link or using the View video in browser option in the new ellipses menu.
You can also invite your friends to check out your video or send it to them via email.
Fixed an issue where Plays would sometimes appear to freeze when a user exited the game
Fixed an issue where sometimes your metadata wasn’t being uploaded when sharing a League of Legends clip
Fixed issues around League of Legends events displaying on your video timeline
Fixed an issue where in some cases alt-tabbing was causing bugsplats, freezing and crashing.
Fixed several issues that dealt with less than optimal video scanning, missing titles, and “Game Unknown” occurred.
Fixed a typo in Preferences. Thanks for finding it!
Fixed the default state when you have no videos recorded yet.
Improved how we handle background processes to reduce crashes. This will impact your settings. You should make sure you go back and set your preferences as we were not able to preserve them with this update.
Improved DX9 video capture performance for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Unlisted videos now load in your app faster with no prerequisite actions to get them to load
Previously created unlisted videos are now appearing in your folder, not just the new ones!
Added more robust logging and error reporting to help troubleshoot the issues you have been submitting to us!
League of Legends integration improvement to retry to get your match data if the League API isn’t fetching your data.
Improved the logic for what filters are displayed in what order, to help you better find those moments you are looking for.